Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Having a Rough Day

Yesterday was a really rough day.  I set up an appointment with the district manager at HR Block to discuss my possibilities for next season's employment.  Not bothering to ask what office she was working out of that day, I drove to the wrong one.  When I finally arrived at the right place, I was an hour late.

The meeting went well however.  When I got home Richard and I worked out on paper roughly what I would be able to earn doing taxes next year.  I then freshened my makeup and headed out to my next interview.  It was for a position at a new retail store opening down the street.  Only problem is they hire people temporarily to open the store.  They want to check  you out before they offer any permanent positions.  Normally that would be OK but in this case I'd have to quit my part time gig handing out samples at the local warehouse club.

My dilemma is exasperated by the fact that my medical insurance premiums are going up to $400 a month and won't cover some pre-exisiting conditions at all. So should I quit a sure thing part time job for a maybe full time job with insurance and if that doesn't work out wait to start doing taxes in January.  Or should I just pray for the Congress to extend my unemployment benefits?  Or should I pray that the space program doesn't layoff 7000 workers so my part time sure thing may still exist if I need to get it back?

I think I need a drink.

Don't panic.  I haven't had one.  But boy I really want one.  I sent Richard out to bring me back some mint chocolate chip ice cream.  That ought to cure what ails me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a tough day. From what I can tell, there are no decisions to be made today - you are still gathering information and opportunities.

    I like the ice cream idea, but since I have aged, I am lactose intolerant and ice cream only works for the short term. So, since you can, enjoy it!

    Pray, too - that's always good. And hang in there.

    I am rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...