Monday, July 19, 2010

A Thousand Days in Tuscany by Marlena De Blasi

A Thousand Days in Tuscany was a very tough book to read.  Now I want to go to Tuscany, rent a villa and live among the locals.  I'm under employed therefore my ability to travel to wonderful and interesting places is out of the question.  The stories of cooking and baking and gathering chestnuts and olives from the field made me hungry.  My mouth drooled while reading the author's descriptions of each meal.  I'm on a diet.  It was torture.

And then there's the whole wine thing.  All her wondrous cooking was washed down with chilled bottles of white wine or warm, bold reds.  I wanted to be in Tuscany eating and drinking to my heart's content.  Someday I'll be in Tuscany, eating freshly baked Tuscan bread, savoring each and every bite.  I'll be skipping the wine part, which may be difficult but I won't enjoy myself any less and probably more.

This is a wonderful, sense filled story of a simpler life full of love, friendship and the fine art of breaking bread together.  If you love to travel, eat, drink, A Thousand Days in Tuscany will satisfy your cravings leaving you full and satisfied.

I rate this book 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...