Monday, July 5, 2010

Lead Me Not Into Temptation

My local Walmart is in the process of being remodeled.  I'm happy about that.  It's shaping up nicely.  Since I'm there just about everyday I check on its progress often.

I browse the aisles with my new shopping cart, peer through the clear glass of the new freezer cases, and tap my shoes on the new faux wood floors.  I make my way to the back of the store to find Ginger some treats in the new pet section.  Out of the corner of my eye I spot a section I've always been able to avoid while in Walmart.  The books.

I must say I'm impressed.  I gaze through a rather large section of trade paperbacks the likes of which I've never seen other than in a big box book store.  I didn't check any prices since at the moment I was only interested in the selection.  I moved to the left to see an even larger section of romance mass market paperbacks.  Again it looked like a fine collection to suit a variety of tastes and pocketbooks.

A twinge of anxiety flows through my body.  I no longer need to talk Richard into making a trip to the mall.  I can hide new books in with the groceries.  Will I adore them as much if the pages smell like broccoli or have a splotch of red strawberry juice dribbled across them?  I don't think that will bother me.  I just have to be sure to keep the books away from the dog treats.  Ginger, I'm sure won't be able to tell the difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...