Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First You Run by Roxanne St. Claire

This title has an interesting history.  I know Roxanne St. Claire.  She's a member of the SpacecoasT Authors of Romance or STARS for short, as am I.  Rocki is fun, intelligent, welcoming and has a way of making all new group members feel at home.  I admire her.  My copy of her book is autographed.  I have a special shelf just for my signed copies, I think they're so special.  First You Run has also been designated as a Ginger pick.

Being a Ginger pick means that one corner of the book is completely gone.  The photo of Rocki on the back cover is torn in half.  Little doggie teethmarks adorn each page.  But that doesn't stop my ability to read a good book.

Romantic suspense novels are not really my thing.  And the story had one too many erections to suit my taste.  But that doesn't mean that the story itself wasn't well crafted.  It was.  And well researched.  Adrien and Miranda are highly believable characters.  St. Claire builds the tension to a fever pitch.  If you like a sexually charged novel with lots of intrigue, you'll love First You Run.

I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 only because it's not my usual cup of tea.  I'm torn however what to do with this.  I keep the all my signed books but Ginger's really done a number on this one.  Not many people are willing to wrap their fingers and their mind around a chewed up book with its pages stuck together.  I just might have to relegate it to the trash.  Sorry Rocki!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Linda - thanks for the review and for posting this on amazon! Sorry about the one-too-many erections, LOL, but I do write a hot book. So glad you liked the intrigue, even if you don't normally read romantic suspense.

    Let Ginger gobble away! I'm happy to give you a fresh copy when I see you again!

    xoxo
    Rocki

    ReplyDelete

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...