Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Magic by Rhonda Byrne

The Magic by Rhonda Byrne

I always thought I was pretty good at saying thank you and being grateful for the many blessings in my life.  Life is good and happy and rewarding and I thank God for that every day.  Like most of us, I too am looking for something more. 

"Whoever has gratitude will be given more, and he or she will have abundance. Whoever does not have gratitude even what he or she has will be taken from him or her."

This quote is the cornerstone of The Magic.  At first pass it seems harsh and unfair.  Walk yourself through the 28 days of practicing the magic and all will become crystal clear.  I left this book on my nightstand and each night before I went to bed I read the next practice.  I counted my blessings and gave thanks for the best thing that happened that day.  You may think that finding one good thing each day is difficult especially if you've had a long day at work or an argument with your spouse or a dinner of fast food because you didn't feel like cooking.  If you are following the steps in The Magic, picking out that one thing will be hard.  Not because there are too few good things in your life but because there are so many!  

I've left this book on my nightstand and I intend to read it over again and again. I want to surpass pretty good and work my way up to truly amazing.  What comes after that, I'm not sure of the words to describe it but I want to experience it.

I am grateful for the air I breath, the food I eat, the beautiful home I live in.  I am grateful for family and friends who share their lives with me.  I am grateful for Richard and Ginger who add so much love and laughter to my life.  I am grateful for this blog and for all the people who graciously come to read it.  I am grateful for the abundance of blessings I experience each and every day. Find The Magic and abundance will find its way to you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...