Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Sorry Sucker

As a friend of mine, commented, some sorry sucker picked up The Lace Reader on Paperback Swap in less than an hour after I posted it.  Obviously she hadn't read my review.  Obviously she too was tempted by the intriguing cover and the words, 'best seller'.

Another reader commented that I should set a limit for myself on the number of pages I'll read before giving up.  She voted for 100 pages.  What do you think? 

Have you counted the unread books on your shelf yet??  In the name of research I'm waiting for your comments.  I had a friendly conversation with a stranger I ran into at a writing conference.  She looked at me like I had ten heads when I said I had 76 unread books.  As we talked more, the truth eventually came out.  I watched her go through her bookshelves in her head and I believe she stopped counting at about 10.  She knew where she was headed but didn't want to admit it.  

I'm finding that readers are strange and mysterious creatures, all unique in their approach but all the same in their attraction to the written word.  My research continues... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...