Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Lesson Learned

I have no new book review for you this week.  I'm slogging through The Lace Reader.  I know what you're thinking.  It's a book I had to have so I could fit in to a new book club.   I just can't get into it however.  I'm already at page 110 and I still haven't been hooked.  I'll let you know if that changes.

The book I had been reading before The Lace Reader took over, called The Cave is also a slog.  I love the story but being that it's translated from Portuguese makes reading it a bit slower.  Now I'm stuck between two difficult stories.  I'm committed to reading all the books on my shelf.  Passing it along before I finish is not an option in this project.  I must finish what I start. 

A part of following the 12 steps on my road to overcome my book addiction, is that I have to take the good with the bad, the easy with the hard.  But I won't give up.  At night when I read in bed I just get to turn the light out a little sooner, Ginger doesn't have to wait so long for her evening biscuits and I get in a few more winks. 

Maybe that's another lesson learned.  I need more sleep.  Or is it be careful what you wish for when in the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...