Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Leave It To Cleavage by Wendy Wax

The other day, While having a conversation with my writer friend, Judy, she hauled this book off her own shelf.

"Read this one.  I think Wendy has a similar voice to yours.  You know.  Light and funny," she said.

"I don't usually read books in this genre, but I seem to write in it.  I'll give it a shot." I answered.

A few days ago I couldn't find the to make through two very deep literary books, I figured something light would be just the ticket.  Leave It To Cleavage was all that.  Miranda is wealthy beauty queen who allowed her husband to run the family lingerie business.  When she uncovered pictures of him wearing a bra and panties she knew something was amiss.

Leave It To Cleavage is a quick easy read, good for a day at the beach or a soak in the tub.  For a reader, it is a great escape.  For me as a writer I thought it lacked in plot and character development.  The story is full of romance and the author did build a fair amount of sexual tension but then closed the door too soon.  I don't care to read the really hot romance and this story had just enough but then left me hanging. The ending became too predictable.

I'm torn in my rating on this one.  For a reader, light and funny.  For a writer, lacking.  So I'm going to split the difference and give the rating of 3 out of 5.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...