Friday, December 17, 2010

Have You Had Your Laugh For the Day?

It's still early in the morning and I've already had my laugh for the day.  Nothing will be able to get me down from here on out.  Guaranteed.

Yesterday morning I received a Facebook post from a colleague at the company I worked at for 15 years.

"I downloaded the Kindle version of One Clown Short to my ipad and iphone," he wrote. "Remember me when you get your royalty check."

"Close the door to your office when you're reading at work.  You'll be laughing out loud." I replied.

My first Kindle sale.  I was ecstatic!  Looking back it seems like I spent most of the summer getting the One Clown Short print version into an electronic version.  Not having an electronic reader of my own, since I'm still plowing through the growing pile of unread books I own, I had no idea what I was getting into when I started down that road.  But I made it and am so proud of what I learned along the way.

As any new author would, today I checked my Amazon sales ranking specifically for the Kindle version of One Clown Short.  Overall in the Kindle store One Clown Short is at 59,000 and change.  Respectable.  I read on and here is where the laugh of the day occurred.

One Clown Short is ranked #73 on the Kindle Store list of top sellers in business ethics.  Business ethics.  I had to let that digest for a moment.  One Clown Short is the story of a bunch of clowns with too much money and too much time on their hands trying to run a business.  Ethics are the furthest things from their minds.

I must admit One Clown Short is a hoot from start to finish.   And I'm sure I added that ethics tag to the title somewhere along the line.   To find it on a list of high powered, sensible, nonfiction business volumes is hysterical to me. One Clown Short is not any of those things.  It's a funny, and often over the top tale of what really goes on in the business world.  Maybe all those serious authors that are on the ethics list with me, could learn a thing or two by reading One Clown Short.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...