Saturday, May 8, 2010

Your Life is Your Message by Eknath Easwaran

I purchased this book several years ago after my yoga teacher began reading passages from it.  I left it on the shelf too long.

The knowledge of how to live a more peaceful and fulfilling life is jam packed into this little book.  The author tells many anecdotes about his own experiences and shows us how to live with love, peace and harmony.  He also shows us how to leave the world a better place than when we found it.  We are all one.

You may think that this book is slanted to one particular religion.  It is not.  The author encompasses many practices and religions throughout the book.  I learned so much about my own spiritual path as I read this.  Your life truly is your message.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 for all of you that are searching for meaning in your life.  This is a wonderful place to find peace, love and guidance.  It's a reference book I will go back to again and again. A special place on my bookshelf has already been reserved for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...