Friday, April 6, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

In case you were wondering.  I'm still an addict.  Mockingjay was the great ending to a great story about life, love and strength.  Katniss is a hero who never looked at herself as one.  She simply did what she had to do to save her self and protect those around her. Books about strong women are good for us all. They don't come along very often. Their stories help us to touch and nuture our own inner strength.

There were parts of this book that dragged along a little too slowly compared to the first two books.  It contained alot more war than I thought was necessary. I remained in suspense until the final pages and I have to admit, the story ended as I always hoped it would.  Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...