Thursday, March 29, 2012

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

I've become an addict.  Plain and simple.  I've known for a long time about my addiction to books of any and all kinds, but I've never been one to read serials.  I'm usually disappointed by the second book which serves to deflate my passion for the first book.  Leaving a beautiful memory intact is more my style.

But Katniss, I can't resist.  She's young and naive yet strong and determined.  We are watching Katniss grow from a child to a beautiful, intelligent woman under the most extraordinary of circumstances.  She made it out of the arena only to become a target of the government she loathes.  Peeta, Gale, and Haymitch too, all mold and change taking on each new challenge while trying to hide their emotions for the sake of protecting Katniss.

The writing is brilliant, leaving the reader on the edge of her seat.  Each and every word is meticulously placed to keep us wanting more.   And just when I thought I was not a serial reader, I read the last few words of Catching Fire and knew I couldn't stop.  Without a second thought, I turned on the wireless to my Kindle, downloaded Mockingjay and started to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...