Saturday, April 21, 2012

Beautiful Girls by Beth Ann Bauman

Beautiful Girls by Beth Ann Bauman

I don't recall how this book ended up on my Kindle but I'm happy it did.  My sister may have recommended it.  I think this book is right up her alley.  And mine too.

Appropriately titled, this is a collection of short stories about women of all ages and stages of their lives.  Cute, quirky tales about us from a woman's point of view.  Each story showcased a woman and sometimes just a girl, falling in love, falling out of love and the struggle in between.  Filled with emotion, I got on the ride along with each one of them. I'm amazed how hard I fell for each character.  The author did a fabulous job of creating each piece with rich details and depth within the confines of a short story.  Trust me, as a writer, that is not a simple task.

I love short stories. I love fun and humor.  I love characters that make me feel real.   Beautiful Girls had all that and much, much more. It is a delightful read. This book is a celebration of everything that makes all women, forever beautiful girls.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...