Friday, August 13, 2010

There's No Place Like Here by Cecelia Ahern

My sister, Martha recommended this title for me.  She knows I like those magical, mystical, heart warming tales.  There's No Place Like Here is loosely based on the Wizard of Oz, my all time favorite.  There is even a pair of ruby slippers on the cover.

Sandy Shortt is a tall, slender, brunette who can't stand it when things go missing.  As a child she drove her parents crazy when so much as a sock became lost in the laundry.  When her childhood rival Jenny-May Butler disappears Sandy starts down the path to find all things missing.

There's No Place Like Here is full of rich characters and imaginative settings, expertly woven together.  Sandy had an extraordinary journey after falling and hitting her head.  While Jack, who begins a search for Sandy after she misses their appointment, finds his own missing brother along the way.  I loved this story of finding what's really important in life.

I rate There's No Place Like Here a 4 out of 5. I'll probably read Cecelia Ahern again.  She writes with a magical gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...