Sunday, March 28, 2010

Balance Beam

As I've struggled with my vertigo, I emailed an old friend who runs a website for women called Wisdom Woman.  Her response was that a physical issue is linked to our spiritual being.  Something  else in my life must be out of kilter since I'm having difficulty with balance.  It's not only in my ears.

The other night, I lay in bed trying to have a conversation with God over the constant ringing in my ears.  I could barely hear Him.  I asked for help being a better wife, a better friend, a better person, all things I've been having a hard time with lately.  Through the din, I heard a message.
"You're asking for the wrong guidance."  Now I know God doesn't choose sides and use the word right and wrong.  His path for me has been set.  I'd been asking to take a fork in the road that doesn't exist.

The next morning I set out to restore balance in my life.  A spring cleaning of sorts.  I wanted to restore order to my personal stuff.  Months of neglect had left my cupboards and drawers in a shambles.  First stop.  The vanity in the bathroom.

I emptied the cupboards and started scrubbing.  Richard decided to get in on the action in the other two bathrooms and did the same.  Here's what I learned.   We have 15 unused tubes of toothpaste, 4 bottles of shampoo, 2 and a half boxes of teeth whitening strips, 6 bottles of Windex and a sample of moisturizing face masque that I put on while I worked.  I now have 3 new shades of lipstick and enough body lotion to keep me smooth and supple well into my nineties.

I managed to fill two garbage bags with unwanted junk and long expired cold medicine.  The four boxes of trash bags lined up in the garage will last a few more years so I can purge more often without worry.

It's no wonder I have 76 unread books on my shelf.  I feel better.  Lighter.  Today, I tackle my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...