Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Happy New Year!!
I thought all of you might want to start 2010 with an exercise that I have already completed.
How many unread books do you have on your shelf?  Count them.  Be honest with yourself.  Count half read books or don't.  That's up to you.  I think I'll find that I'm not alone.
I have 76.  My sister Susan has 96 on her shelf.  My sister Martha says she has less than ten.  She told me some story about moving when we were kids and our mother told us we could only keep two books.  She hasn't been able to keep a book since.  Obviously Susan and I missed that event in our childhood memories.
A friend wrote in a Christmas card that if I could go an entire year without buying a book, she'd salute me because she already knows she couldn't do it herself.  How many unread books might she find on her shelves?  I'm poised and ready for her salute!!
Count your books.  Let me know what you come up with.  Maybe there will be a prize for the winner.
Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...