Sunday, December 20, 2009

What Step am I On?

It's the Sunday before Christmas and the newspaper is chock full of coupons and sales.
"Here's a coupon to Books A Million," Richard waved in my face.
I grabbed it. Five dollars off a purchase of twenty-five dollars or more. Doesn't that sound good? I read the flyer drooling over one interesting title after another. I could spend twenty-five dollars in a heartbeat. No kidding! I got up to get dressed before I realized it was only six thirty in the morning. The store wasn't open yet. My hands started to shake.
I went to the computer and looked up the 12 steps again. Then I clicked on Amazon. Trying to come to my senses I clicked back to the 12 steps. Which one do I need to call up right now? I read the list over and over thinking I really needed them all.
I settled on number 7. 'Humbly ask Him to remove our shortcomings'.
I couldn't stop staring at the advertising for books. I just couldn't. "Please dear God, help me. Remove my shortcomings."
I calmly went to my purse, got my car keys and handed them to Richard.
"Hide these."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...