Monday, October 28, 2013

The Bad Kitty Lounge by Michael Wiley

The Bad Kitty Lounge by Michael Wiley

I wouldn't normally read a mystery.  I know that many people love them but a private detective story is just not my thing.  Recently, however I attended the Florida Writer's Association Annual Conference and attended a workshop by Michael Wiley.  And guess what!  He gave all the attendees a free copy of his book, The Bad Kitty Lounge.  First a big thank you to Michael for his generosity.  And frankly, what's not to like about a free book.

The Bad Kitty Lounge is the second in his Joe Kozmarski series.  Joe is a private detective scouring the streets of Chicago. The ladies find him charming yet Joe is unlucky at love.  His desire to find answers for his clients keeps him on the run and removed from what the rest of us consider a normal life.  He gets beat up more than it seems a body should be able to take.  But Joe is tough!  And Joe is smarter than any bad guy. Most of the time, that is.

To the reader Joe is cute, endearing, and witty.  This novel is a fast paced and full of page turning moments.  One of the reasons I don't usually go for the mysteries is that I can solve it before the author does.  That's not any fun.  In the case of The Bad Kitty Lounge, I thought I had it figured out but Mr. Wiley left a couple unexpected twists for the very end. 

The Bad Kitty Lounge is funny and tense all wrapped up together.  I thought it was a great time and Michael Wiley displayed a keen ability to keep me guessing right up to the very end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...