Friday, October 25, 2013

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding

Every now and then I feel the urge to throw my usual book selection methods out the window and read a book that is hot, hip and trending.  When I saw that Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy was chosen for the Today Show Book Club, I decided over my morning coffee,to get on the bandwagon.

To fully understand how momentous a decision this is for me, I think I am the only woman on the planet who has never read a Bridget Jones book OR seen a Bridget Jones movie.  I do know however know that Renee Zellweger starred in the movie as Bridget.  That fact helped me to paint the picture of the adorable, confused and unorganized Bridget.  I had no clue who Mr. Darcy even was or why his fate had to remain such a big secret. Maybe that worked to my advantage.

Bridget Jones had me at hello!  Oh, sorry.  I think that was a different movie with Renee Zellweger.  Anyway this book is a hysterical romp through the life a of woman, a friend and a mother.  I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.  Her encounter with nits had me ready to pee my pants.  Boy, I can relate to the anxiety of learning how to use Twitter while never losing a follower.  And the whole thing with her weight is every woman's nemesis.  Throw in her desire for sex and let the romp through the life if a 50 year old begin.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy will brighten your spirits and make your own troubles magically disappear.   Even if you've been living under the rock with me and never heard of Bridget Jones, she'll win over your heart and your funny bone starting on page one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...