Monday, January 2, 2012

Two Thousand Twelve or Twenty Twelve

Yesterday on the Today show, Lester Holt and Jenna Wolfe decreed that they should say 'twenty twelve' from now on.  Two thousand, twelve didn't roll off the tongue as easily.  Fine by me. 

Then I ended up on Fox and Friends.  They too were having the discussion of how to pronounce the new year.  They broadcasted that the proper way to say it is 'two thousand twelve', agreeing however that it was a tongue twister. 

Do we have nothing better to discuss on the news?   Honestly, for the start of new year, I should be happy there isn't any tragic or heartbreaking events to report.  A topic as nonsensical as this at least gives us all a reprieve from Newt and Mitt tromping around the state of Iowa.  This election is going to be brutal.  I have a feeling.

We didn't say 'one thousand nine hundred and ninety nine', did we?  Talk about a tongue twister!  For one hundred years we said 'nineteen forty four' or 'nineteen ninety two' for whatever year it happened to be.  There was no discussion.  I see no reason we should have to vote on this topic.  It's 'twenty twelve'.  Short, sweet, and to the point.

Have a twenty twelve full of love, hope, prosperity and good cheer! Happy New year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...