Sunday, June 19, 2011

1001 Uses For Duct Tape

I live 40 miles east of Orlando, Florida.  Our world these days revolves around the trial of a mother accused of murdering her daughter.  There is nothing else to watch on television but the trial.  I have to admit it's quite fascinating learning about bugs and flies and varieties of duct tape.  But I long for simpler TV like guessing the showcase on The Price is Right. 

In a week I'm going to Cleveland to visit my sister.  She's been planning with great care my every waking moment while I'm in Ohio. When I received the following email from her my mind only thought of one thing.

"Dear Linny, Too bad you will miss the duct tape festival but the gnomes are in the garden."

I replied back, "If you're talking about the Anthony trial, I'm hoping it will go to the jury before I leave."

Her reply back, " I found your response quite odd.  I wanted to go to a fashion show of things made from duct tape but it ends before you get here."

I laughed.  That explains it.  On the list of 1001 uses for a roll of duct tape, murder is at the top of the list but number 2 is make a dress to wear out to the club afterwards.  The other 999 uses hardly matter after that.  In Cleveland they make fashionable clothes from duct tape, in Florida, we've become more hardened.  And in most places they use it to fix a leaky duct. I think that' s why they call it duct tape. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...