Monday, June 6, 2011

Jesus CEO by Laurie Beth Jones

Jesus CEO is a leadership guide for the business world.  This book is a collection of principles that can be used a day at a time.  I happen to like to read an inspirational story each night before I go to bed.  I thought this would be perfect.

But I have to admit I just didn't get it.  Maybe because I'm finished trying to make my way in the business world.  Or maybe because the business world has no room for me any longer.  My search for a job has left me discouraged and frustrated.  After two and a half years I no longer see any hope for a career other than my writing.  Writing makes me extremely happy but it requires a totally different mindset than a 9 to 5 job with a steady paycheck. 

Jesus CEO is chock full of great inspiration, guidance and hope.  At this place in my life I couldn't make it click for me.  This book came to me from my sister, Martha.  Tucked inside were some daily calendar pages put there by her late husband, Tom all dated January 26th.  I have to admit I didn't understand the meaning of the saying on any of the pages or what the date might have meant to him.  So I've tucked them away until I do.  That's the same thing I'll do with Jesus CEO, tuck it away until I figure it out.  And I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...