Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Magic of Writing by Linda J Falkner

As I've been telling you, my office has moved from the dining room to a bedroom.  As part of that process more forgotten books have emerged in the shuffle.  I'm finding out I have quite the library of reference books about writing.  I've been working at writing for longer than I think, much to my surprise.  I'm better at it than I give myself credit for since each book I uncover serves to revive and polish skills I already know.

The Magic of Writing is short, sweet and to the point.  It's well organized from start to finish with great writing examples for each topic.  The author says to post office hours on my door, the hours I'm devoting to working on my writing.  I think I will.  What I struggle with the most is discipline.  I wonder if I do post hours if it will keep Ginger from coming in while I'm working and begging for biscuits. 

There was no guidance on that in this book, but many other helpful tips.  I'm going to keep The Magic of Writing close at hand.  It's a great little reference book for all of us wannabe writers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...