Sunday, November 20, 2016

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

Alice's Adventure in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

Every so often I feel the need to read an old classic.  Alice has been sitting on my kindle for quite some time, so I dusted her off.

 I don't believe I had ever read this book as a child.  I remember my mother reading to me The Wind in The Willows but not Alice.  Maybe she did and maybe she didn't.  Because what I found was that my clearest memory of the characters and settings come from the movie.  The book is slightly different.  It's really a shame that the images of Disney have taken over what the written word has the ability to create in one's mind.

But that being said, Alice is charming and polite and curious.  She meets an unusual cast of characters when she plummets down the rabbit hole.  And she always manages to keep her cool regardless of her size at the moment.

Alice's Adventure in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass is an imaginative tale that is sure to delight no matter what your age.  Alice is a smart, modern girl who can be a great role model.  And she brings to reading a book, a one of a kind, kind of magic and imagination.  A classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...