Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm Over All That by Shirley MacLaine

One day I turned on an Oprah rerun and Shirley MacLaine was on discussing her new book.  I rarely watched Oprah, so it's even more unusual that I watched a rerun.  Being a very spiritual person, Shirley's story caught my ear.

I don't agree with her politics of which there are many references in this book, but I do agree that we are here on earth living in a physical body, one life of many our soul will experience.  Death is not to be feared, our soul will move on.  She wrote of her love of travel because each trip was a journey home to somewhere she had been before.  That really struck me.  I too love to travel and I can tell many stories of being in a place having on overwhelming sense of familiarity. 

I'm Over All That is a fun and interesting book with a point of view that doesn't come along every day.  And it should.  The world would be full of love and peace if it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...