Monday, November 8, 2010

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

A Reliable Wife is the book I absolutely had to have the last time Richard and I visited the bookstore. I'm not sorry I broke my vow even though it was about the thousandth time I had.

This is a wonderfully rich story full of twists, turns and surprises.  Catherine Land is calm, cool and collected as she attempts to execute her plan; the plan she and her lover have devised.  As in any good plan after it is all said and done they will be able to live happily ever after together.

Ralph Truitt also has a plan.  All he really needs is a reliable wife to set his life in motion.  When the two minds collide someone will have to give up their dream.

Goolrick writes beautifully crafted prose.  He kept me wanting to turn the page.  This book was intriguing and interesting.  If I told you any more, I'd spoil the story.  I rate this book a 5 and it's so good I just may have to keep it on my shelf just a while longer.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...