Friday, September 8, 2017

The Wonder of All Things by Jason Mott

The Wonder of All Things by Jason Mott

When things go terribly wrong at the local air show, Ava miraculously heals the mortal wounds of her best friend, Wash.  And then her life is never the same.  Everyone in the world it seems wants and expects the healing services of the young Ava.

The tiny town of Stone Temple becomes overrun with people wanting to catch a glimpse of Ava.  Her father, Macon, the town sheriff, does his best to protect her as does her best friend, Wash.  But using her gift of healing is killing her.  No one seems to know how to help her.

Ava and Wash are two of the cutest and most lovable characters I've run across in a long time.  They are young and sometimes naive, sweet and kind.  I loved them.  And I hated all the people who came to exploit them for their own personal gains.  I did a lot of yelling at this book because of their selfishness.  For me, if I feel emotional reading a book, it's a pretty good book.

The ending left me hanging and I wasn't crazy about that.  I wanted Ava and Wash to go back to their young lives of reading books, hiking through the North Carolina woods and just being kids exploring life.  I wanted all the heartache in their lives to be healed.  Because they deserved it.

The Wonder of All Things checked a lot of my boxes in reviewing a book.  Lovable characters, check.  Creating emotions, check.   Great prose, check.  A memorable story, check. An author I will read again, check.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong

Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong First off I have to say I happened on this book by chance.  My sister's name is Susan Leigh Furl...